ADEX Spring Intern Camp is back here!
After Summer 22 we will be hiring new full time engineers and we give you now the opportunity to get some professional expertise, know us and let us know you. So you will have much more chances to be hired after the camp.
This year we are looking for two Jr. Control Systems Engineers for Industrial Processes
ADEX is a CleanTech company specialized in optimizing the performance and sustainability of industrial processes. We have developed and patented a disruptive control technology that comes to life through our Self-tuning Artificial Intelligence platform.
This advance is the result of years of mathematical research. The technology was initially developed at MIT by the current president and founder of the company. Since then, ADEX has invested heavily in R&D and innovation, concluding in a family of patents and trade secrets that underpin the core of the technology.
ADEX allows optimal operation of plants in different industries. The company is proactively focusing on the energy, cement, water, and composites sectors. We achieve a further increase in production and, at the same time, a reduction in energy consumption and the raw material used in the process, which represents significant cost savings.
Climate change is opening up a great opportunity for ADEX. If we want the Energy Transition to take place, the existing thermal electricity generation assets must function differently. ADEX helps make existing power plants cleaner, more flexible and more efficient. Therefore, they can be more dispatchable and allow the integration of renewable energies in the electricity mix.
The future application of our technology in wind turbines will enhance their energy absorption, increasing the electricity produced and reducing the need for other sources of generation.
Our AI Self-tuning platform operates locally in the plant and in real-time, without the need for internet connectivity and without the need to be trained with Machine Learning systems.
The Jr Control Systems Engineers will participate in the development of customer projects; he/she will be responsible for some tasks to identify room for improvement in the industrial process under analysis, and he/she will present the feasibility report of our improvements
We want to train engineers in disruptive control technology for industrial processes and guide them to deliver customer-facing tasks.
Tasks during internship
- To understand the differences of our Adaptive Predictive Expert control technology with the existing systems and to be capable of programming control strategies with it.
- To support Sr. Control Engineers in the implementation of our control AI platform in real customer projects.
- To analyze data from an industrial process to identify rooms for improvement
- To code in LabView the control strategies to optimize a process.
- To develop platform interfaces that allow the customization of tools and scripts in order to address different specific situations in different plants.
- To collaborate in the development of feasibility reports to show customers the value and improvements of our AI platform
- Good academic record
- Being in the last courses of the career or doing a postgraduate Master in Automatic Control Engineering, Electric Engineering, Information Systems Engineering, or similar
- Knowledge of methodologies and techniques on control & automatization of industrial processes
- Advanced Office user
- Team worker skills
- Good level of English and Spanish (at least, C1 or equivalent).
It is desirable:
- Knowledge of LabView
- Knowledge of PLC programming, particularly on Siemens TIA Portal
- Effective communication of results and the methods to achieve them
- Knowing of either Python and Pandas, Numpy and Matplotlib libraries, or speaking a third language (ideally Italian) will provide extra points in the evaluation.
Due to the health situation with COVID-19, the internship will be delivered in a hybrid model, balancing the work at our Madrid Office and teleworking, intensively using collaboration tools.
As soon as the situation permits, it will be desirable to join full time the Madrid office.
We will value an immediate joining to our project. It must be before the 31st of March, 2022 the maximum.
So do not overthink and apply as soon as possible.
The candidate will receive continuous training in optimization of industrial processes.
He/she will have the opportunity to train and certify free of charge in the application of ADEX’s patented technology (Entry Level), valued at 1,250€.
You will also receive monthly economic compensation for a 5-hour shift a day.
[Send us an eMail with your CV and your University grades]